Glen Park has the reputation of welcoming people from all walks of life. For example, many Italian Canadian families make their home around Dufferin Street while a large contingency of Jewish orthodox residents occupy the homes near Bathurst Street.
The Glen Park Public School is known for being one of the best in Toronto, having received the Canada Award of Excellence from the National Quality Institute for its achievements.
Glen Park was settled many years ago, with Sir Sanford Fleming making his way to the area in the mid-1800’s.
During the early years, Glen Park was mainly farmland, however, this began to change in 1920’s as the first homes were constructed.
Its greatest period of growth happened after World War II, when many veterans returned from the war and were looking for a place to settle down.
Glen Park contains a variety of homes, ranging in shape, color, size, and amenities.
The oldest homes in the neighbourhood were constructed during the 1940’s, but the largest number of properties were built from 1955 to 1972. These home styles include raised bungalows, split-level, and ranch-style.
Starting in the early 1990’s, many of Glen Park’s original properties have been torn down to make way for newer, custom built homes.