This morning we find ourselves covered in ice! Be careful as you navigate your way through the city today.
Holiday Shout Outs and Plugs
I am a little “Old School” in that I believe in the power of a referral and/or personal references. Despite many marketing efforts, almost all of my business is derived by referrals. Treat people right! When possible I like to extend a referral back. Below are friends, family and clients that have recently started ventures in the last few months. No doubt they will be successful. Hope you can spread the word.
- Children’s Book – The Flower Kisser written by Marisa Gallippi (Available on Amazon.com or from Tate Publishing)
- Royal Kids Closet @ Royal York Plaza (Royal York and Lawerence)
- High-end designer kids clothing, décor accessories and furniture at significantly reduced prices
- EJ Sushi – 385 Front Street (Spadina and Front)
- Sushi Take out and Catering 416-901-2311
Looking forward to 2014
- CREA (Canadian Real Estate Association) and TREB (Toronto Real Estate Board) both forecast a robust (even better) 2014 real estate market. I guess this relative to your position in the market.
- Supply will be tight in the GTA but buyers who are patient and stick with good sense approach will ultimately persevere.
- Interest Rates are expected to remain low throughout the year and no forecasts of any escalations till 2015
GTA REALTORS® RELEASE MID-MONTH RESALE HOUSING FIGURES
TORONTO, December 17, 2013 – Greater Toronto Area REALTORS® reported 2,483 residential sales through the TorontoMLS system during the first two weeks of December 2013. This number of transactions represented an 18 per cent increase compared to 2,104 sales reported during the same period in 2012. The number of new listings entered into the TorontoMLS system was basically unchanged from a year ago.
“The key story in the GTA housing market continues to surround the availability of listings, or lack thereof. With the cost of homeownership remaining affordable, we have seen a resurgence in buying activity in the second half of 2013. However, growth in listings has not matched growth in sales. The result has been more buyers competing for fewer listings. This is why we continue to experience strong price growth,” said Toronto Real Estate Board President Dianne Usher.
The average selling price for December mid-month transactions was up 10 per cent to $520,379, compared to $471,602 reported for the first 14 days of December 2012.
“Inventory levels will remain low in many parts of the GTA in 2014, especially where low-rise home types are concerned, including single-detached and semi-detached houses and townhomes. Expect above-inflation price growth to continue next year,” said Jason Mercer, the Toronto Real Estate Board’s Senior Manager of Market Analysis.
Wishing all of you the very, very best!
For me, the best part of what I do is to be part of (even if in only a small way) people’s lives. This year I’ve worked with clients, who ultimately I consider friends that have:
- Gotten engaged / married
- Have started a families / Added to their family
- Are expecting
- Said good bye to loved ones
- Found their dream homes – Forever Homes and Retirement properties
- Have gotten passed some tough life situations
- Set new life courses.
- Started new business ventures,
- And have set courses for new life adventures.
We are all at different stages of life and my profession allows me to experience all of them at any given moment. I am truly fortunate to meet and work for these amazing friends.
Thank you to all of you for allowing me into your live lines and providing me with the inspiration and energy to try and “Live Awesome”
Peace, health, happiness and success through the holiday season and beyond.
God bless, Anthony